Monday, February 25, 2019

More Plexiglass Updates!

It's genuinely impressive to me how much space I take up when I'm working
It's another short Monday afternoon with the Haish house--this time, though, I spent a good chunk of my day in communication with the Haish family! Through some mutual connections, I have been put in contact with a relative of the Haish family, and I'm very excited to see where our discussions go.

I finally bought the plexiglass I've been talking about for approximately a month, although it is much thicker than I thought it was going to be. I spent a portion of my afternoon learning how to cut plexiglass, which is simultaneously easier and more challenging than I imagined it would be. In the absence of any sort of vise or stabilizing implements, I really marked up one edge of my sheet, but I eventually broke off a couple of usable pieces. After cutting them into the size I thought I needed, I realized they were barely 1/16" too big for the windows. Rather than being able to score them then break them down to size, I had to cut all new pieces--which gave me more practice! I've got some great blisters forming on my fingers, but I've also got eight beautiful and clear pieces of plexiglass that I cut all by myself!
This is easily about 80x thicker than the original gazebo top glass

When I come back Friday morning, I want to glue them into the gazebo.

Hooray for learning new skills via YouTube!

Hours today: 3:30

Total hours: 49:00

No comments:

Post a Comment