Friday, February 22, 2019

Porch-Related Progress

Advances have been made today. In the morning, I worked with another RHC intern to honeycomb the lower floor of the Haish house.


Essentially, the hope is now that the museum board will support the weight of the upper floors instead of the walls supporting that weight. My morning was abbreviated because of an appointment, but I returned in the afternoon to put the finishing touches on the honeycombing and start another aspect of the house. Today, I worked with one of the porches and re-glued the columns in the configuration that I managed to deduce as correct. Each of the columns had broken off in a unique way, so I was able to match them back together. 


I was also able to glue back some house trim that was associated with the porch. I'm looking forward to officially reuniting the porch roof and floor next week, as well as finally getting to cut some glass!

Hours Today: 5:00

Total Hours: 45:30

No comments:

Post a Comment