Friday, February 1, 2019

Already 12 Hours In?

Okay, so maybe I was a little premature in declaring the cleaning process "done."

I spent my day at the Regional History Center today cleaning the glue remnants off the porte-cochere, making sure my glue was properly formulated and stressing out a little bit about the state of my glue/acetone containers. They're made of plastic, and I think that keeping acetone-based products in them was actually a really bad idea. Now I need to find some glass containers that are small enough for this purpose, but I am not particularly optimistic.
The acetone container I've been using for a week is already pretty severely cracked... I don't think that's Rubbermaid's fault.


In other news, I'm now almost 1/4 of the way through my project, and I can "confidently" say this is going to turn out hopefully-pretty-okay.

I'm hoping that I can make it back next Monday and that I will be able to glue the final piece of loose glass (by far the trickiest, since I have no way of getting to it from the interior, for some reason) and properly realign the floors over the course of next week.

This isn't the trickiest window, but one of the few that posed limited problems for me, actually.

Hours Today: 4:30

Total Hours: 12:45 of work, roughly 6 of prep

No comments:

Post a Comment