Monday, March 4, 2019

TWO Things Were Finished Today

I'll be honest, after an exhausting weekend the last thing I wanted to do today was sit in the archives and work on the Haish model, but here I am. While I didn't fall asleep, I came uncomfortably close.

The original state of the gazebo.
The gazebo has been completely assembled!











As a reward to myself for making it here, I decided that today would be the day to glue on one of the porches. And I did it! I'd already affixed the columns to the base of the porch, but today I managed to glue the base to the wall and the columns to the roof. The wall section is now adequately supported, and I must say I am very proud. Things are really starting to come together now, to the point where I can show you before-and-after pictures!

When I found it, the porch was completely deconstructed.
Since then, the porch has been completed
Today I also very lightly tacked on the gazebo roof, as well as the tower on the base. On Friday, I'm planning to take some time to properly align and tack the upper floor of the model as well. I'm only gluing very lightly, and in easily accessible places, just in case there is some reason that the pieces need to be removed in the future--either for preservation, replacing a piece or if I just made a mistake that I haven't yet foreseen. I'm planning to be functionally done with the model reconstruction by the time I hit about 75 hours (three weeks from now, more or less, but I don't have my calendar with me), then spend my time here in April working on the base-and-case situation.

Hours Today: 3:30

Total Hours: 55:30

No comments:

Post a Comment