Friday, March 8, 2019

Level Placements

The end is drawing nigh, and I desperately want to get a case for this model ordered before the end of spring break. Cindy isn't sure if it will happen, but if the case does get ordered this semester it will take about 6 weeks to arrive. That means it'll be here by the end of April, which means I'll be finishing up this project during finals week... IF the case gets ordered in the next week. The ones we're looking at are in the realm of $2-4,000. Needless to say, that ain't cheap.

Today, I went over the roof area again with a fine tooth comb, and I glued down various bits of trim that were peeling off/making pests of themselves. I actually ended up taking off and reattaching the one chimney I hadn't messed with yet in this process, since it was most certainly the weakest link. Whoever thought that a loop of scotch tape would be the appropriate way to affix a broken chimney back on the house wasn't thinking clearly.

I also have officially placed the second floor on top of the first. I had some trouble aligning it, since one of the repairs I made to the tower was apparently not affixed properly, but once I addressed that issue everything came together. I actually tacked together the two floors in two different places, one on the corner by the fake climbing plants, and one on the front corner by the porch which I have already attached. This will keep the top layer from shifting while still allowing the level to be removed with a little bit of acetone applied to the place where they were glued.

I'll be taking next week off for spring break, but when I'm back I'm looking forward to the process of replacing the second porch.

Hours Today: 6:30

Total Hours: 62:00

No comments:

Post a Comment