Friday, April 26, 2019

Not Quite the End...

As I draw ever nearer to completing this project, I'm continually in awe of the progress that I have made in 15 short weeks. I am so excited to take final pictures and do some before-and-after comparisons, but today is not the day for that.
Instead, today I constructed the base for the model to sit on. I forgot to document most of the process (further demonstration of why I could never, ever be a YouTuber), but I have a couple of pictures of the anatomy of the corners. Essentially, I measured the amount of space I would need and then cut a piece of foam and a piece of museum board to fit. I measured a piece of buckram larger than the foam, and used all my gift-wrapping skills to make it look nice and glued the corners in place. I'm glad I took my time (it looks really nice) but I am a bit frustrated that I have to come back next week in the midst of my finals preparation. I have a feeling I will finish no later than a week from today. 


Hours Today: 4:00

Total Hours: 79:00

1 comment: